Have you been feeling stressed? One of the most effective remedies that can make you calm down is using essential oils, which are effective for both relaxation and sleep. Aside from that, it is also very effective in reducing anxiety.
The use of essential or calming oils is beneficial. They are versatile, and they have many different uses. One of which is that physically, essential oils have therapeutic effects, such as relieving headaches and painful muscles. In addition to that, emotionally, calming oils can stimulate or perk you up as well as calm you down; their function is to help your body find balance and stability, which makes them an effective stress reliever.
There are several ways in which essential oils can calm you down and reduce your stress levels emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- They improve the mood and promote a positive aura.
- They calm the senses.
- They effectively relieve inflammation.
- They soothe the nerves.
- They alleviate pain.
- They help relax the mind.
- They boost the immune system.
- They help increase mental focus and reduce confusion.
- They treat skin irritations.
- They promote sharpness and clarity.
- They provide energetic, mental, and emotional aid.
Some essential oils provide a good number of health benefits. Besides their great smell, they are also able to make you feel better. Below are the top essential oils and their uses.
- Clary sage – this essential oil is best for the skin for its astringent, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Aside from that, it can also improve blood circulation. Clary sage oil also has the ability of regulating hormones and reducing menstrual cramps.
- Lavender – this powerful essential oil has anesthetic, anti-anxiety, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, antiviral, immune-busting, and sedative properties. Lavender oil is famous for its calming effects and for its ability to promote and improve sleep.
- Tea tree – this oil is used as a natural treatment for cough and colds. Also, because of its antibacterial and antiviral properties, it is effective in healing wounds and other skin conditions. Tea tree oil is also used to treat dandruff and acne.
- Eucalyptus – this minty essential oil is widely used to clear airways and decongest the sinuses. In addition to that, it also relieves muscle and joint pains.
- Rosemary – this stimulating essential oil can strengthen the immune system as well as increase heart rate and respiratory rate while reducing stress hormones.
- Peppermint – this versatile essential oil, which effectively treats headaches, has antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antispasmodic, antiviral, and stimulating properties. It is also applied topically to relieve itching.
- Virgin Coconut Oil – this essential oil is a natural moisturizer that can be used on both skin and hair. Aside from that, this wonder oil is also effective in fighting heart disease, managing blood sugar levels, promoting and speeding up weight loss, and strengthening the immune system. It can also be used as a liniment to relieve aches and pains.
People have been using essential oils from the ancient times until this modern era. They are used in many different ways. Indeed, essential oils are known to be versatile, beneficial, and successful not only in relieving aches and pains but also in treating anxiety, promoting sleep, calming the nerves and senses, and a whole lot more.